Sunday 14 March 2010

St Patrick's Day Parade, Savannah, GA. 2006

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."
Traditional Irish Blessing.
Since Wednesday is St. Patricks Day all of my blogs this week will have an Irish theme.
The ever gracious Mary @thelittleredhouse's Mosaic Monday meme starts off the week. Do head over there and visit all the other participants sharing their marvellous mosaics today.
In 2006 whilst visiting Hilton Head Island, SC. we decided, since we had never experienced one before, to head over to Savannah to watch the St Patrick's Day Parade, which apparently is the second largest in the United States.
I never knew there were so many shades of green!

Come back tomorrow when I'll be joining Cuisine Kathleen's 2nd Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl.

12 comments:

  1. Maggie, I don't think I've ever been to a St. Patrick's Day parade. This looks like fun! I look forward to what you'll have for us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie. What a fun parade that is. We don't celebrate St Patricks day here so it is great to learn more about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Maggie

    I have never seen a St Patricks Day parade either, but then here in the England we don't even celebrate St George's Day in April!!

    As the Irish know how to enjoy themselves it must be good fun in Ireland! Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the energy in your photos, I can almost hear the music. I like the effect from putting the white line overlay frames on the photos, I will try that on a mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a great day was had by all! Hope that you have a wonderful day this year.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, what a great mosaic and post. I knew they always had a Saint Patrick's Day parade in Savannah, but have never been to one. I love the Irish blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It never ceases to amaze me that there are more Irish in the US than in Ireland! Thanks for a fun mosaic today!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, I do love that Irish blessing. My cross stitched version hangs in the entry hall all through out the year. The Savannah parade looks like it was a lot of fun! We have a big parade downtown on Wednesday, plus there were 4 other smaller parades held Saturday.
    I just saw your last post too. Yes, giving the hedges a haircut would have been perfect for last week! :-) Enjoy your visit with Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous St Patrick's Day mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great St. Patty's day FUN!!
    I love and posted green too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggie, looks like it was a wonderful St Patrick's Day parade. Beautiful mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful, Maggie! My brother-in-law used to march as part of a bagpipe band, so I've been to quite a few. They are always fun! Thanks for sharing at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!