Monday 8 November 2010

Holiday snaps.

A chilly morning on Burkes Beach, HHI.
November has truly arrived on the island.
Clocks went back at the weekend and suddenly our early morning walk turned a little chilly.
We came prepared however, with warm fleecy jackets and long pants. Flip flops are stashed at the back of the wardrobe to be replaced by "more sensible" footwear.
This old lady came to greet us as we walked along the beach.

Pickle.
We stopped to pet her for a while and chatted with her pal Redfish Rex. Isn't that a fab name! Click here to go to their web site.


Roger & Redfish Rex.

There's always lots of interesting driftwood and flotsam and jetsam to photograph.

Down at Coligny beach you can while away an hour or two, swinging and watching the world go by.
At South beach harbour we had lunch at the Salty Dog Cafe.


Is this not a Kodak moment?

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful, relaxing vacation spot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I envy you your morning walks along the beach. Sorry it's a bit chilly. I know you like the sunshine. ;-)

    Looks like you are taking full advantage of the area. Enjoy your last days. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous vacation photos! Looks like a wonderful time.
    Best Wishes,
    Heather
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a great vacation, Maggie. The mornings so bright and sunny...I'd take a little chill for walks like these! Beautiful scenery. Love the pelican on the post!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all kodak moments - great photos from a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you put these into a book when you return to France. You have some great photos which will make good memories. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pics - Redfish Rex looks kind of cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy Maggie and Roger, great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recognize some places from a trip there a few years back - looks like you're having a ball and enjoying Autumn here in our beautiful south Maggie.

    Isn't the beach perfect this time of year? Even if the flip flops are tucked away on the cooler days!

    Continue to make the most of each lovely day.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. I love the beach. We go a bit south of there to Tybee Island and Savannah.

    Redfish Rex is a cool name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you had such a fabulous time on your vacation! I love being by the sea, even when it's cold.

    I also wanted to pop in to say a very big "Thank you" for your sweet birthday message. Your comment really meant a lot to me! I am so sorry it has take me so long to visit, but I had a great week celebrating and cooking lots of things with my new KitchenAid!

    I hope your weekend is fabulous!

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!